Fourth overall went to Ivan Sovetov & Valeria Mkrtchian who were awarded these marks 5,5,4,4; fifth were Vladyslav & Brianna Nalyvaychuk 4,4,5,6, and in sixth position were Evgenii Grinin & Olga Morozova and these were their scores 6,6,6,5.
Second in this Ballroom competition was a tie between Andrii Mykhailov & Ekaterina Popova 2,4,2,2,4 and Oleksandr Kalenyuk & Olena Ablitsova 3,2,3,3,3, a total of 14 points were awarded to each couple needing a (Rule10) to break this tie and so at the end of the ruling Andrii & Ekaterina were second and Oleksandr & Olena were third. Fourth overall was awarded to Polina Riabovil & Maksyn Savytskyi 4,3,4,4,2, fifth were Dan Malov & Anna Bohachova 6,5,6,5,5, and in sixth position were Serhiy Averkov & Olena Barna 5,6,5,6,6.
Third in this Under 21 went to Ervinas Valskys & Alexa Sosna and they placed third in all dances. Fourth was awarded to Nathan Zaytsev & Alisa Bankova who placed fourth in all dances, fifth went to Benson Maier & Elisabeth Thompson, and in sixth place were Emil Martirosyan & Sophie Shvartsman.
For the pro-ams its was a day of Latin and here are the results of the Open Scholarships.
Open A Latin
1. Ariel Xu w/ Daniel Hustiuc 1,1,1,1,1; 2. Olga Onischuk w/ Gunnar Gunnarsson 3,2,2,2,3; 3. Fun Jin Cho w/ Kostiantyne Samarsky 4,3,3,3,2; 4. Jamie Dorotov w/ Allen Genkin 2,4,4,4,4; 5. Anvelyn Pi w/ Pasha Stepanchuk 5,5,5,5,5; 6. Sara Rose Magley w/ Andrey Kitsin 6,6,6,6,6.
1. Irma Wang w/ Daniel Hustiuc 1,1,2,1,2; 2. Jacqueline Tarr w/ Allen Genkin 2,2,1,2,1; 3. Mike Milton w/ Tatiana Banko 3,3,3,3,3; 4. Amanda Nguyen w/ Ryan Lewis 4,4,4,4,4; 5. Nicole Farino w/ Alon Gilin 5,5,5,5,5; 6. Marijus Germanavicius w/ Iris Liang 6,6,6,6,6.
Open C Latin
1. Sophia D’angelo w/ Vitali Proskurin 1,1,1,1,1; 2. Marina Svyatets w/ Vladimir Karpov 2,2,2,3,3; 3. Marialisa DeGasperis w/ Stanislav Kochergin 4,3,4,2,2; 4. Cristina Rojo w/ Ivan Mulyavka 3,6,3,4,4; 5. Loraine Peoples w/ Kostiantyn Samarskyi 5,5,5,5,5; 6. Andrea Bennington w/ Danus Jaksevicius 6,4,6,6,7; 7. Gisa Dilorio w/ Stefano Placidi 7,7,7,7,6; 8. Michele Stefani w/ Dmitry Barov 8,8,8,8,8.
1. Shannon Bachynski w/ Dmitry Levita 2,1,1,1,1; 2. Doreen Dressel w/ Genua Bartashevich 1,2,2,2,2; 3. Jennifer Marre w/ Plamen Danailov 5,4,4,3,3; 4. Ada Fung w/ Zolt Katona 3,3,3,5,6; 5. Anna Chiu w/ Troles Bager 4,5,5,4,5; 6. Susie Sills w/ Andrej Przybyl 6,6,6,6,4; 7. Ibis Wu w/ Mykhailo Bilopukhov 7,7,7,7,7.
Open S1 Latin
1. Nora Fox w/ Plamen Danailov 1,1,1,1,1; 2. Alice Lekht w/ Igor Derimov 2,2,2,2,2; 3. Fifi Wang w/ Delyan Terziev 4,4,3,3,3; 4. Vy Wappel w/ Oleksiy Pigotskyy 3,3,4,4,4; 5. Carol Acker w/ Igor Danila 5,5,5,5,5.
We want to congratulate the organizers for a well-run competition with very high energy throughout!
The Empire of Dance!
Last night at the Empire Dance Championships, it was an Empire of dance and fun, 3 fantastic events took place the Open Professional Latin, Open Professional Rhythm and the Open Amateur Ballroom.
However, to top all this organizer, Giampiero Giannico, once again took to the floor for the second time and with a perfect sense of humor invited, Victor Fung, Ieva Pauksena, and Anna Mikhed to join him on the floor for a mock competition with the illustrious judge, Massimo Giorgianni keeping the scorecard. It was a night to be remembered.
After the second dance it was still a 2nd place from Mr. Giorgianni and it took Viktor and GG to dance the foxtrot for them to get a first. The entire spectacle was so touching and at the same time so funny it could not be duplicated. Except that Mr. Gianico the night before took Mr. Erminio Stefano for a spin on the floor, he also had a practice run with Mr. Fung - no wonder they won the contest last night in the Empire Ballroom. It was certainly an Empire of Dance!
Third in this excellent final went to Manuel Favilla & Natalia Maidiuk who took third in all dances. Fourth in all dances was awarded to Valentin Voronov & Anna Pelypenko, fifth went to Nikolai Tarasov & Sarah Nolan and that too was in all dances and sixth were Pasha Stepanchuk & Gabrielle Sabler.
Third in this Rhythm Championship was awarded to Oleksiy Pigotskyy & Anastasiia Zhuchenko and they placed third in all dances. We personally really like this couple and perhaps they are a bit caught up in what is going on at the moment, we think that perhaps they need to disengage and stop following and lead. With the kind of talent these two have, they could easily be in the mix up on top. Fourth in this final was a tie that was easily broken by a (Rule10), and so after the rule was applied Ivan Kudashev & Ksenia Sokolova took fourth 4,6,5,4,4 and Ilya Abdullin & Anastasia Jerjomina placed fifth 5,4,4,5,4. These two couples are also very talented and totally worthy to be called to this final. You both now have to get out of the box, Ivan & Ksenia forget all Latin rules and Ilya & Anastasia forget the past and only look forward, you 2 couples are supper talented. Sixth were Dymytrii Goncharov & Veronika Shapar, another excellent addition to this final 6,5,6,6,6.
Third overall in this Amateur Ballroom final went to Maria Oblakova & Aleksandr Riabtsev with these marks 3,3,3,3,4; fourth place was awarded to Canada’s Vladyslav Komelkov & Alexandra Sevastianova and they placed 3 in the quickstep and fourth in the other four dances. Fifth in all dances were Aleksandr & Vilhelmina Lavrob, and in sixth place were Artur Nabok & Tais Zhukova.
Second in this excellent heat went to Tal Livshits & Ilana Keselman, they were second in all dances, we must also point out that all the firsts that Alexander & Arina lost were taken by Tal & Ilana. Third in this heat were Bumchin Tagshjargal & Michelle Klets and they placed third in all dances. Fourth went to Vadym Pidhorestskyy & Ruby Castro 4,5,5,4,4, in fifth place were Dave Firestein & Kennedy Eaton 5,4,4,5,5, and sixth position were Arsen Havrushchyk & Sofia Ward, sixth in all dances.
Some results from the Open Pro-Am Scholarships
1. Selene Steelman w/ Travis Tuft 1,1,1,1; 2. Kelly Prisco w/ Paolo Di Lorenzo 3,2,2,2; 3. Kimberly Bottini w/ Aleksandr Vukosavljevic 2,3,3,3; 4. Bo Chang w/ Roman Malkhasyan 4,4,4,4; 5. Qin He w/ Gherman Mustuc 5,5,5,5.
1. Sophia D/Angelo w/ Max Sinitsa 1,1,1,1; 2. Sue Eldred w/ Oleksiy Pigostkyy 2,2,3,2; Angela Morrison w/ Evgeny Dyachenko 3,3,2,3; 4. Michelle Kirby w/ Radek Waitrowski 4,4,4,4.
Sue Eldred w/ Oleksyy Pigotskyy 1,1,1,1; 2. Robin Kencel w/ Mayo Alanen 2,3,2,2; 3. Michelle Kirby w/ Radek Waitrowski 3,2,3,4; 4.Carolyn Glazner w/ Alex Novikov 4,5,5,3; 5. Lorinda Belzburg w/ Genya Bartashevich 5,4,4,5.
1. (tie) Susie Sills w/ Richard Tonizzo & Cynthia Wolfsohn w/ Alex Zagrean; 3. Siva Tayi w/ Pamela Romano; 4. Margie Juanillo w/ Matt Hauer; 5. Nancy Brittingham w/ Kurt Lemmer; 6. Diane Schuman w/ Gunnar Sveerrisson
1. Anvelyn Pi w/ Dan Malov 1,1,1,1,1; 2. Ah Fong Li w/ Serhey Lazunkov 2,2,2,2,2; 3. Anastasia Tatarenko w/ Jay Holmes 3,3,3,3,4; 4. Lillian Nelson w/ Ryan Lewis 4,4,4,4,3
1. Cathy Dorego w/ Andrii Mykhailov 2,1,1,1,1; 2. Amanda Parton w/ Igor Gayenko 1,2,2,2,2; 3. Ah Fong Li w/ Serhey Lazunkov 3,3,3,3,3; 4. Patricia Chai w/ Sergey Bolotnikov 4,5,5,4,6; 5. Kelly Prisco w/ Paolo Di Lorenzo 5,6,4,5,4; 6. Monika Ruszkowski w/ Gunnar Sverrisson 6,4,6,6,5; 7. Michelle Avery w/ Ashan Samarasinghe 7,7,7,7,7.
1. Jill Bradford w/ Andrea Stefano 1,1,1,1,1; 2. Annie Chan w/ Cristina Radvan 2,2,3,2,2; 3. Ssabrina Kirkpatrick w/ Oscar Pedrinelli 3,3,2,3,3; 4. Paula Cowpland w/ Andrey Kitsin 4,5,4,4,4; 5. Sheila Zou w/ Valeriu Ursache 5,4,5,5T,5; 6. Patricia Chai w/ Sergey Bolotnikov 6,6,6,5T,6
1. Linda Gill w/ Luca Balestra 1,1,1,1,1; 2. Ann Haeussler w/ Yuriy Nartov 2,2,2,2,2; 3. Jennifer McPartlin w/ Richard Tonizzo 3,3,3,3,3; 4. Carolyn Homoly w/ Dmitry Solomakha 4,4,4,4,4; 5. Ibis Wu w/ Serhey Averkov 6,5,5,5,6; 6. Pei Lin Jiang w/ Slavi Baylov 5,6,6,6,5; 6.
1. Linda Gill w/ Luca Balestra 1,1,1,1,1; 2. Viki Sato w/ Nazar Batih 2,2,3,2,3; 3. Carolyn Homoly w/ Dmitry Solomakha 3,3,2,3,2; 4. Jeanette Thor w/ Igor Litvinov 4,5,5,4,4; 5. Lekha Keister w/ Kamil Ubaniak 5,4,4,5,5.
1. Rong Chen w/ Oscar Pedrinelli 1,1,1,1,1; 2. Maria Fila w/ Kamil Urbaniak 2,2,2,2,2; 3. Susan Sordoni w/ Lorenzo Scione 4,3,3,3,3; 4. Haru Wladyka w/ Alex Senko 3,4,4,4,4.